Saturday, April 12, 2008

Moving on up to the North Side :-)

We've been very busy with the move up to the South Bend area. Our house sold quickly, but closing got put off for a long time because our buyer's buyer had a crappy lender. They finally closed on that on Thursday (about a month later than originally scheduled), and I will be driving to Noblesville this week to close on our house and get that step over with. We started the house hunt process up here, and were really striking out for a while. We found a house this past week that we really like, and made an offer on Friday. We are hoping to come to an agreement soon on price so we can move into our own house.

John started his job and is liking it pretty well so far. He has been learning a lot, and is home every night:-). I have started working up in the South Bend area as well, and my caseload is filling up pretty quickly. I think I will have a full caseload very soon.

And, of course, what would a blog post be without a few pics of our four-legged children.


The girls helped me babysit John's cousin's little girl for a day when they were in town. Ebony was being "Nana" here watching over what she was doing.


Elsa looking sad and depressed, but really trying to also protect the baby:-)

Elsa keeping watch over the back yard. Better not try to do anything silly you ground squirrels or rabbits.


Ebony being camera shy in the backyard.

And as a final note, please keep the people of Haiti in your prayers. The rioting over the rise in food prices this past week has made life even more difficult. People are blocking the roads that lead out of Port-au-Prince that would normally be used to transport food to other parts of the country. Haitians live on an average of $2 a day, and the rise in food costs have made it even more difficult to feed their families. Haiti is not the only country being affected by this (Egypt, Senegal, etc), but since before our trip down there in November, I have felt the need to pray for the people of Haiti.

I'll post more once we know about our house situation!

4 comments:

lori shepler - said...

hello - we live in noblesville & i just found this blog! - we've adopted 3 from haiti & we've other haitian kiddos in our extended family as well - if you'd like to chat please email me at ChatterboxLS@aol.com or phone me at 317.770.9032 or check out our family blog http://fromourbunchtoyours.blogspot.com/

lori

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link