Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Still no house

Well, the house we wanted to buy didn't work out. We had found a house that was built in 1864. It was a cool old house on 4 acres (3 of them wooded). Unfortunately, it had foundation problems, and the septic was not a septic... there were 2 cess pools instead. So we have backed out of that house, and are now on the hunt again. John and I went last weekend to talk to some builders. We would still prefer to find an existing house at this point, but there amazingly isn't much new out there since we were looking before. We are going to see a few houses later this week, so hopefully one of those will work out!

My job transfer has gone pretty well. I have a lot of kiddos to work with, and have been getting phone calls to take more even after I have closed my availability. I guess my Spanish has definitely come in handy here:-) John has good days and bad at work, but hopefully things will calm down a bit as he learns more about what he is really doing, and is able to work more on an independent basis.

Not much else happening here - just hoping to find a house and get back to living on our own!!

No comments: